Our original SS with sealed 10" subwoofer (in-room cutoff 25 Hz) and 8" coincident Space Generator seen supporting Azel Stand Mount HERE. (Replaced by the current SS "revised" with ported 10"/20 Hz subwoofer with "Little Big Horn" Space Generator.)
2 years remaining on original transferable warranty.
Upon request we shall send high-res images portraying minor shipping damage on one cabinet. Contact us Re. potential cosmetic service options for this blemish.
Released March 2021: All New AK SuperStand!
Set your stand mount speaker atop our all new SuperStand for a new and fresh listening experience. Consider siting SS behind your floor stander if it can use a little help in the bass range. If you already have two subwoofers, adding the SS to your system results in four subs total for most of the benefits of an array (see our DEBRA page.)
Super Stand comprises much more than a true in-room 20 Hz ported sub woofer. Firing up and rearward on a 45 degree baffle (the bottom panel of a 90 degree notch) is AK's best and latest Space Generator driver, this time comprising our "Little Big Horn" with control features to satisfy any fine tuning thirst.
“Space Generator” increases spatial performance, pitch sensitivity, and enlarges the perceived dimensions of the sound room (hence the name).
Holes on one vertical panel of the cabinet release energy that might otherwise bounce between panels flanking the notch (orient holes toward the room center to maximize path length to listeners.)
The sub driver is a long proven 10 inch aluminum cone with 600W power handling, as employed in three time TAS Golden Ear Award winning Swarm sub woofer and James Romeyn's DEBRA (a licensed Swarm clone with foot print 1.5 inch shallower x 1.75 inch wider and different panel material).
The SG has continuously variable level control to match virtually any main speaker with sensitivity up to the mid-90 dB range. We include instructions to match the SG and main speaker levels, which takes only about 15 minutes. The SG maintains about 32 ohm input impedance. Most amps can safely drive the SG parallel with any main speaker. If in doubt, give us a holler and tell us the amp make/model.
We received this email from a client who purchased our latest Big Horn Space Generator in a floor-mounted cabinet w/HWD of about 15 x 10 x 13. To view images and video of the production BHSG please return to our website late March 2021. BHSG is an outboard accessory version of that built-in to the rear of Azel Full Range Tower. This client's little LTA 10W ZOTL power amp easily drove 32 ohm BHSG parallel with his Cain & Cain Abby floor standing single driver tower.
Despite being the first week back to teaching, I managed to set up the Big Horn Space Generators pretty easily, and my family and I have been listening and doing blind tests for the past several days…as you promised, the difference is not subtle.
As you and Duke predicted, the SGs are superior to the ($1700/pr xxxxxxxxx ribbon) super tweeters by a very wide margin: I would recommend them (SG) as a much better investment.
Plus, these super tweeters, at least, can give me headaches (the reason I first decided to rear-fire them). The horn solution is much more natural and musical sounding. From the moment I first turned them on, I thought, “they make my speakers sound more authoritative.” Besides deepening the sound stage—which they do dramatically—they flesh out the sound of my full-range drivers (something the super tweeters didn’t help with). An additional benefit that I don’t think you mentioned is that they expand the sweet spot out throughout the entire room.
In sum, everything you promised proved true. I appreciate the help, advice, and I would be happy to offer a testimonial, let you use this message, or talk to any potential clients.
I’ve just started playing with the treble tilt, using the +1 right now. I want to experiment further. Since I’m also rolling some tubes in the amp, this will take come time to sort out (happily).
I’m a delighted customer. The SGs really complement the Swarm and I’m getting a huge, totally immersive sound from my beloved old Abbys now. Hard for me to imagine ever moving on…Oh, I should also add the 10W ZOTL amp handles the horns without blinking: they almost don’t seem to place an additional load on the amp at all.
Game-changing product, just like the Swarm.
- Bass loading: ported, includes Cherne air tight plug for sealed system w/.5 Qtc.
- Dimensions HWD: 28 x 12 x 12 main cabinet, pedestals 16 x 16, height includes .93” tall gliders,
- Net weight: 57# 1.5 oz
- Finish: painted or real wood veneer
- Bass driver: 10 inch 600W power handling, aluminum cone
- Bass input impedance: Select 4 or 8 Ohm each driver
- Inputs all rear-mounted: 2 pairs binding posts for Sub and Space Generator, label indicators
- Space Generator: "Little Big Horn," mylar diaphragm compression driver, controlled directivity
- Bass cutoff: 20 Hz in a room of moderate dimensions (the larger the room the higher is perceived bass cutoff)
- Sub amp: Dayton Audio SA1000, kilowatt, active crossover, parametric EQ, fixed 80 Hz high pass crossover for main speaker
- Space Generator Adjustments: high-pass filter w/"Low-Hi" pole switch (lower left,) Treble Tilt binding posts (lower right,) continuously variable volume control down to zero (upper right,) Treble Notch continuously variable from zero to -6 dB (upper left.)
- Space Generator input impedance: 32 ohm fixed, benign phase angle. Most amps can drive SG parallel w/main speaker (ask if in doubt)
- Treble Tilt: 5 settings alter both curve and gain
- Footers: four Peavey music instrument cabinet Gliders, polished nickel base, rubber spacers (height increased to .93"), includes four (unattached) dark gray felt self-adhesive glider pads for hard floor. Glider pilot hole is easily enlarged to accept M6 threaded insert for optional footers. Gliders maximize ease of both general placement and the most precise siting for peak performance.
- Spike: one M6 threaded insert @ center front for included spike w/alloy cup and self-adhesive foam pad for hard surface. Rigid coupling complement to above described Gliders. These two features provide the best combination of cost, performance and setup ease.
Please refer to home page notes for a wide range of build, tuning, and operational details.